indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician
29331485

my 03 micra has a problem doors opening and locking randomly

my 03 micra has a problem doors opening and locking randomly and alarm sounding sometimes when I turn off ignition I had the actuator in the front door replaced costing 200 euro but still doing it
Category: Nissan
Expert:  indy-tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi .

This is an actuator problem ,but looks like the drivers door was good and now points to the passengers actuator.

But normally this can be checked with the dealer consult diagnostic scan tool .

They know that the actuator is the problem but should of tested the drivers side first before replacing .

Have the passengers side checked .

If you still need further assistance then please don't rate, just get back to me with the reply button, and I will get back to you or inform another expert to assist.
Also there is no extra charge after accepting .
Kindest regards Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you,

If the dealer got it wrong is he obliged to fix the other actuator free of charge? I don't want to have to pay another 200 euro if it was his mistake. I took his word in good faith that it was the drivers door. Mary

Expert:  indy-tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi Mary .

This is a story i hear all to often where repair shops replace parts without really testing them first to be sure , like the drivers side is the most common to fail so this part is replace thinking this is the issue and don't bother testing .BUT is also possible that both are bad but this is a long shot.
I would go to the dealer and explain what i said .

Rgds Greg