Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  self employed in the motor repair buisness 19years
13210289

Why is the air bag light flashing on the dash board of my

Customer Question

Why is the air bag light flashing on the dash board of my car?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

Usually at any point the Airbag/SRS system warning flashes means a problem has been picked up in regards to that system..as the airbag system itself has its own ecu...usually the most common is the under seat connectors or the seat pretensioner connections coming loose or seat side airbags "if" fitted - it might be not in your case but they are worth checking out..usually its best to disconnect the battery first before checking those..usually yellow/orange wiring.and check the plugs are fully connected..if your not confident in checking that then please leave it to a garage to check as it should only take then half an hour to check them plugs....if that still doesnt work then a diagnostic has to be carried out to see exactly where the fault is on that system before taking anything else apart..I do hope this helps..if you need to ask anything else or include anything further then just continue before you rate