Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

Hi, I have 2008 Nissan qashqai 2,0 diesel. When i go to start

Hi, I have 2008 Nissan qashqai 2,0 diesel. When i go to start the car nothing happens, the only signs of life is the flashing battery light and the windscreen wipers move a little bit. It did this to my wife a few weeks ago, but when i looked it was fine. any help would be great
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 3 years ago.
Hi there, this really sounds like a loose battery terminal. So before you do anything else check the terminals and see that they are snug. If you can move them at all they are too loose.

If that does not correct the issue try and jump start the vehicle and see if it starts. If it does then the battery has a bad cell and needs replaced.

Let me know how else I can help, thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hey, I am just been out to have a look nothing was loose. I have some more infomation though.

I took the engine cover off, to the right of the engine block, when the key is turned there is a loud clicking noise and a high pitched tone which continues for a few seconds after the key is removed.

Anymore ideas ? could the starter motor be broken ?

If so is it a really big job to fix?

Expert:  Jake replied 3 years ago.
That's defiNAtely not the starter if it's multiple clicks, that's a dead battery causing the relay to click .