indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician
29331485

the ESP light,slip light and handbrake warning light have come

Customer Question

the ESP light,slip light and handbrake warning light have come on my 2006 pathfinder

Brakes just failed
Feels like there's no pressure to brake pedal
Category: Nissan
Expert:  indy-tech replied 3 years ago.
If you have no pressure at the brake pedal then you may of lost all the brake fluid due to a leak in the system ,
This will in turn switch on the hand brake warning light which is also the low brake fluid warning light .

If the system has loss of fluid this will also trip on the other warning lights ,

First check the brake fluid level if low check for leaks , fix leaks and
refill and bleed the brakes , disconnect the battery for 10 minutes and then reconnect and test drive if any other warning lights come back on then you will have to be hooked up to a diagnostic scan tool to check for malfunction codes , from the codes you will know what has malfunctioned and what has to be repaired.

If you still need further assistance then please don't rate, just get back to me with the reply button, and I will get back to you or inform another expert to assist.
Also there is no extra charge after accepting .

Kindest regards Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Greg
It appears the actual brake pad is missing
Seems it somehow popped out
Have you ever heard this happening
What would be the cause
Expert:  indy-tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi Gerry .

The only time i have ever seen a pad throw is when the pad is used down to metal, and the rotor was cut passed the limits .so i suggest you replace the rotor as well as the pads .

Regards Greg