Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  self employed in the motor repair buisness 19years
13210289

I have just bought a 2010 Nissan micra. The steering wheel

Customer Question

I have just bought a 2010 Nissan micra. The steering wheel has a noticeable pull to the left despite having wheels aligned twice. Is this a common problem in micras and if so how do I fix it. regards sheila
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

Firstly before any sort or wheel alignment is done they should always check for wear or damage to both front and possibly add the rear in to that - but in particular the front for any signs of worn tyre condition and surface tread condition / Air in the Tyres is correct / Front Suspension strut for damage / Balljoints for play and wear / Front Brakes binding or sticking..low pads on one side than the other would verfiy that / lower suspension control arm bushings for wear aswell as damage in particular if the car had been previously driven up or bumping up kirbs alot / front subframe damage - steering tie rods for play or damage/track rod ends..all has to be taken into account and checked before any sort sort of wheel alignment is done.as well as possible work previously done that may have involved steering wheel removal.as doing an alignment on the car with possible parts of above worn or damaged would never fix the problem..usually after all above inspected a 4 wheel laser alignment is needed to set it up..if that wasnt done then that certainly will have to be the way forward..if all the above rules out to be ok..then unfortunatly that would leave a possible fault with eps system "electronic power steering" steering angle problem usually a proper diagnostic machine needs to be plugged in to fully check that...I do hope this helps