Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

Hi, I have a 57 plate navara d40, she starts fine but then

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 57 plate navara d40, she starts fine but then stalls after 30 seconds or so then takes about 30-40 seconds to restart any ideas what the problem may be?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 3 years ago.
Hi there, did you bleed the air out of the lines good at the filter location? I would like to rule out air in the lines first as that's a common symptom of air in the lines.
If the lines are bled I want you to try something for me. Remove the gas cap and start the engine, let me know if it stalls out again or keeps running. Let me know please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I've bled the line and the fuel filter, it still keeps stalling even when I've taken the petrol cap off, any other ideas?? Cheers Ian
Expert:  Jake replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for performing those tests for me Ian.

If you have no fault codes at this time then my biggest concern is that the SCV on the pump has failed. If you have access to a shop with a scan tool you can watch the SCV duty and recalibrate to see if it rectifies the problem. Otherwise you may end up having to replace the valve.