Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

Hi, I have an xtrail 2.2 sport,53 reg and the problem is

I have an xtrail 2.2 sport,'53 reg and the problem is misting up of windscreen,whether hot or cold outside(when engine running or standing) only way to clear is put demister on BUT only confined to small area in front of driver and seems to emanate from where led immobilizer/ extreme edge of demist grill is and is in upside down cone shape like \ /
Hope you can help
Dave
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hello Dave,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Shantal,

Thanks for the reply and would like to continue please,as long as it doesn't

take to long.

Dave

Hello Dave,
Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
However, if at anytime you wish to close your question and reverse your charges please let me know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Shantal,

Thanks for the reply

Dave

Hello Dave,
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Jake replied 3 years ago.
hi there, if you have it on recirculation does the mist or fog disappear?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Jake,

Thanks for reply,in regards ***** ***** problem,if car is left overnight,problem there even before car moves,

When traveling,be it hot or cold outside,same problem,i.e. same small

area of windscreen.

Will try the recirculation idea tomorrow-1st Aug

Dave

Expert:  Jake replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the update, try the recirculation and let me know.
Expert:  Jake replied 3 years ago.

I'll be on throughout the day if you need me.

thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Tried what you suggested: recirculation,windows closed and open-sorry to say no good,still mist/fog and only way to clear is put demist on,which lasts for awhile

Problem as mentioned in 1st post is only in one small area,rest of the

windscreen totally clear

Regards ***** *****

Dave

Expert:  Jake replied 3 years ago.
That is peculiar Dave, you don't have any moisture on the passengers side floor by the firewall do you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No bone dry and yes it is a peculiar one and very annoyingYell!

Dave

Expert:  Jake replied 3 years ago.
Dave this leads me to believe that you may have an issue with the windshield seal at this location of the fogging, otherwise the only other likely possibility is the fact that the mode door is not fully seating in the cooling unit. This allows very cold air to continuously come out that windshield vent and cause the fogging because of the drastic temperature change to the 1 small spot on the windshield.
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience: Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Jake,

Great stuff,am happy with that Smile will get it checked out,many thanks for your perseverance

Dave