Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

Can you please tell me what does the "S" on a Nissan Micra

Can you please tell me what does the "S" on a Nissan Micra model mean,. such as Micra 1000 S pre 2002 K11 series? Is it a sports version with up rated specifications etc. Would the "S" symbol be the same on any model Micra pre 2002? Thank you.

P.S. are you aware of an information source for such questions as I have put to you at this moment as it is most confusing not knowing model specifications such as standard or sport or power up rates etc for pre 2002 models other than just quoting model brake horse power from the basic upwards etc, etc, Hope you know where I am coming from!!! Thank you.

Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 3 years ago.

The S was just the "trim level" used for 97 and up Micras. It was actually one trim level up from the base model. This merely indicates the options that may have come on it and even those can fluctuate.

For example The Nissan Altima uses 4 different trims S, SV, SL

or the pathfinder would use XE, SV, LE

It merely refers to a trim package like base, mid-range, luxury editions. Granted the options will still vary you get a good idea of the level of options and conveniences associated with it.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

test

Expert:  Jake replied 3 years ago.
? did you need something else?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Jake this is Hazel. This is just a test reply.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Jake. Been trying to contact you several days now but could not.

This is a continuation of the question regarding "S" tram on a Nissan Micra.

Can you tell me is Sports Version the same as the "S" just a trim reference or have they up rated the car in any way. Does it refer to mechanical or performance or any thing else?

Expert:  Jake replied 3 years ago.

No, the "S" merely represents it as a mid-level version micra in vehicle options.

There was a Base model, S model, and SE model. All with different trim levels and no mechanical or performance differences.

The only model that had performance improvements or mechanical differences was the Micra SR

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Appreciate your reference to Micra SR - what does that actually mean and Sports Version - is that just a trim reference when buying a car?

We are sorry for the delay in getting back with you but we have not been able to as the computer system has got some sort of gllitch in it and would not allow us to click on "Reply to Expert". It is not your fault or our fault it just a computer problem on your website "JustAnswer". We have spent hours on the computer trying to get in touch with you and have spoken to numerous people at your call centre. No one was able to help us we have just been going round and round in circles until this evening when we spoke to Venessa who seems to have unravelled the problem.

We will continue to deal with you in the future. Thank you Jake.

Expert:  Jake replied 3 years ago.

All manufacturers are different, but the 'Sports versions" S, SE, SL for Nissan is merely just a difference of trim level. There are no mechanical differences except in SR models which stands for "sports rally".

The acronyms for S, SE, and SL originally stood for base, sport edition, sport luxury, but there are not actual "sport performance differences" the only differences are options like leather, navigation, power seats, ect, ect.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your reply answer. It is exactly to the point and completes the information I wanted in a concise way.

Thank you very much for all your help.

Good Luck.

Hazel/Robert