indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician
29331485

I have a 2005 Nissan Micra 998cc. Just had steering rack done

I have a 2005 Nissan Micra 998cc. Just had steering rack done at a Honda garage as the power steering had seized up. Repair is fine but now the NATS light comes on after a few miles. Honda say the car needs to go to local Nissan dealer (very expensive) as they, Honda, can't check things like this. Very nervous in case it is an expensive job. Power steering job was under warranty. No trouble starting the car. Car running we4ll.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi .

If the system is working normally then due to the repairs done by Honda they probley disconnected the system of the Immo system with the battery still connected .
This has set a Immo malfunction code which will trip on the warning light . . so all you have to do is have the system reset with their diagnostic tools .

Now be carefull as some shops will say you have a problem with the system .?
So be sure to say you need the system resetting due to work being carried out by Honda .
If the Immo light comes back on then you will have to have the system checked for malfunction codes .

Still having problem, then please get back to me for further assistance please use the reply button and not the poor or bad service ,this way i can get back to you or refer you to another expert if needed. After accepting you can still get back to me and there is no further charge

Kindest regards Greg.