indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician
29331485

My nissan elgrand highway star 1999 3.2 diesel drives fine

Customer Question

My nissan elgrand highway star 1999 3.2 diesel drives fine but if I put my foot down sharply or sort of double tap the accelerator the orange power light comes on for about 3 seconds. Should I be worried? It's the same light that comes on when you switch the at switch to power the other way being snow.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.

If the power light is coming on then you will have a stored malfunction code .

You need to get hooked up to a diagnostic scan tool to check for malfunction codes ,from the codes you will then know what the problem is and what to do to rectify this issue .

Its northing really serious as the light is not staying on so its an intermittent issue .

You may just have an issue with one of the engine or transmission sensors .

If you need further assistance with this issue then please let me, get back to me with the reply button and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.

Kind regards Greg