indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician
29331485

Hi, I have a nissan micra SE, 52 plate and cannot start my

Customer Question

Hi, I have a nissan micra SE, 52 plate and cannot start my car!
It has smart key technology but last summer when the weather was very hot, I was unable to turn the ignition and had to resort to using the emergency key which worked on most occasions. This continued most of the summer and then seemed to right itself when the weather turned colder, not sure if this was a coincidence. It still played up occasionally! My car went for its annual service and mot at my local garage and they could not find a problem with it.
A little while ago my central locking system stopped working and now after 2 weeks of not being used due to holidays, I am unable to start the car using the emergency key or otherwise.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you but I have now sorted out the problem!

Expert:  indy-tech replied 3 years ago.
You need to get hooked up to a diagnostic system to check for malfunction codes .

Below is an advance diagnostic locator who will come out to you and sort out this issue .

Also will work out a lot cheaper than the dealership.

Please click here for Advance diagnostic locator .

This is the only way to see what has been causing you this problem ,there is
nothing you and me can do with our the needed tools to diagnose this issue

If you need further assistance with this issue then please let me, get back to me with the reply button and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.

Kind regards Greg