indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician
29331485

Can I buy a sensibly priced pair of new rear brake panels for

Customer Question

Can I buy a sensibly priced pair of new rear brake panels for my 2004 x-trail 2.2 sport dci. Handbrake is at maximum adjust and the rear plates are badly corroded.
Nissan are demanding £60 N/S and £120 O/S plus VAT.
I have the Nissan Part numbers but was trying to find an interchangeable unit from another manufacturer, without success.
Any answers to the above problem will be greatly appreciated. Even better if I can buy the replacement parts..
Robert
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello Robert,

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Shantal

I am happy to continue waiting for a solution to this irritating situation with Nissan.

Many thanks for keeping me updated.

Robert

Hello Robert,

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

However, should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.

Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi Robert .

You can just about get any brake part off Ebay UK for a lot less .
They are in some cases original or aftermarket parts .

Also you could try here which is also a lot cheaper than the dealership .

Should you still be having issue with this issue then please get back to me for further assistance with the reply button,
and not the poor or bad service button then this way i can help you or suggest another expert .

Kind regards Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Greg

Being polite, I have already tried e-bay and perhaps I should have detailed this point on my question. All my efforts have failed to trace this part.

I have tried your suggestion/link but the rear brake panel is not listed.

It would appear that this is a Nissan dealer part - the question to the expert - is the part available via another source, if so what is the source. Referring me to E-bay is not what I consider an expert reply. However, if you can identify the shop/seller/item number then I would rate your service as expert.

The other point that I was seeking expert help with was - other manufacturers use the Nissan x-trail running gear. Is the item I am seeking identical or interchangeable with another model from Nissan or another manufacturer. I can provide the Nissan part number if you require them.

My car registration number is A13 CVS

Robert

Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi .

Thank you for getting back and clearing this point , could you please explain panel or do you mean the rear hand brake shoes .

Is this part you want on this diagram .

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Greg

The parts are number 6 and 8 on the diagram.

The parts have been described as rear brake back panels/ dust guards/ dust shields.

Apparently they hold the mechanism for the handbrake in place.

My local garage have indicated that I require this component due to its excessive level of corrosion and wear. The remaining components for the rear brakes are readily available and it is my intention to have a complete overhaul of both front and rear brakes.

Robert

Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi Robert .

Front part :
(RH)Plate-baffle, part number 411512Y000
(LH)Plate-baffle, 411612Y000

Rear part:
Plate back, rear brake right-hand, 440208H300
Plate back, rear brake left-hand, 440308H300

Here are the part numbers and you will find this is in fact a dealer part .

I would suggest you TRY for second hand part from the local salvage yard, or try places like this .
Please click here .

Kind regards Greg

Hope this helps you find the parts
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Greg

Thanks again for your reply. The link you provided does not supply the parts required.

I already had the part numbers from Nissan as stated earlier.

I was seeking new parts as detailed earlier - the suggestion to use scrapyards has been noted.

You have agreed that the parts required are dealer parts only, however I am still trying to ascertain where I can source the items other than a main Nissan dealer and whether or not this Nissan part is interchangeable with another model or manufacturer.

If you are unable to refer me to a Nissan expert to answer the question fully, regretfully I consider the matter to be unresolved.

Robert