Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  self employed in the motor repair buisness 19years
13210289

I have just bought a Nissan Micra S automatic 54 plate when

I have just bought a Nissan Micra S automatic 54 plate when ignition key is removed a red car with black key inset starts flashing on the dashboard even when car is locked, any ideas?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

Does the warning turn off once the key is inserted or car running?

Do you have spare key?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes and yes

Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..thanks for your responce..

Ok..the light you see is the cars immobiliser system in armed state - if the light stays on solid even with the car running or the car fails to start at all then you have problem usually most likely the key..in terms of what you see now that isnt a fault and quite normal..the systems works after switching ignition OFF. the Immobilizer warning lamp flashes when system armed / If engine will not start, proceed as follows:- Remove all possible sources of signal interference from key ring - Switch ignition ON for approximately 5 seconds - Switch ignition OFF - Wait approximately 5 seconds - Repeat above procedure...so as above as long as the light goes out during start up then it should be fine and quite normal to see that after locking up..ensure by the way the spare does indeed work..I do hope this helps