Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  self employed in the motor repair buisness 19years
13210289

i have a 2014 micra automatic which creaps when stationry i

i have a 2014 micra automatic which creaps when statonry is this normal

Category: Nissan
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

Is this in Drive its does this or in the Neutral aswell?

Any noticable problems with the Gearbox performance?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no only when i drive, I did think the revs was to high but they showed me it was 788rpm which i believe is right according to the book Have taken to Nisssan to be checked and they say that it is how automatic car now but i just wanted some else to advise me if that it is correct

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no only when in drive and at things light traffic lights, I did think the revs was to high but they showed me it was 788rpm which i believe is right according to the book Have taken to Nisssan to be checked and they say that it is how automatic car now but i just wanted some else to advise me if that it is correct

Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..there thanks for your responce..

These cars are fitted with CVT automatic gearbox - they do have that capability or set up if you like within D - R etc to creep forward unlike with the older/previous version automatic micra's - its just helping for aiding better smoother take off or control for example on a hill start etc which it comes in handy..rather then having to rely alot on throttle etc..as long as when stationary you do keep your foot on the brake or even apply the handbrake if there is a situation where you will be sitting for longer period of time..but as it stands it sounds pretty normal to me..If you havent had the car very long it can take a while to get to used to it and such like..I do hope this helps..If you need to ask anything else or include anything further then just continue before you rate