Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I have a Nissan Navara 2.5 Diesel 2009 Reg with a fault code

Customer Question

I have a Nissan Navara 2.5 Diesel 2009 Reg with a fault code of P0089.When starting the vehicle every thing seems fine and revs up OK. When left standing at idle for 2 minitues vehicle has limited revs.Having fitted a new fuel filter and a new valve kit-regulator there is no improvement.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Jake replied 2 years ago.

Hi there, this code is for pressure being higher than the target value.

Now this could be caused by a couple of things including the fuel pressure sensor itself.

The place to start would be by having the actual fuel pressure checked to see if it's within specifications or not, if it is and still throwing the code then the sensor itself is bad. If the pressure is off then it's likely the result of a faulty suction control valve on the pressure pump.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We sorted the problem with the computer resetting the ecu to its basic values problem solved
Expert:  Jake replied 2 years ago.
Excellent, if anything changes just let me know.