Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

Hi got a problem with my nq tekna. Tried to start it both air

Hi got a problem with my nq tekna. Tried to start it both air bag indicators come up then the immobiliser indicator. Then all the dial needles do vibrate but the car won't start! Can you help? Thanks
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Jake replied 2 years ago.

Hi there, thanks for the question.

I want to apologize for the delay in getting to your request.

Your problem is a faulty battery, the airbag is a very voltage sensitive system so any weak battery will cause the air bag indicator to illuminate. The fluttering needles is the most common symptom of a weak battery. What happens is the battery has a low voltage reading so the electronics come on but the battery doesn't have sufficient amperage so it can not turn the engine. So when the starter attempts to draw amperage it causes the weak battery to make the gauges flutter.

let me know if you need anything else.

Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience: Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.