Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

Hi have a note 1.4 and have noticed that on a cold morning

Customer Question

Hi have a note 1.4 and have noticed that on a cold morning it wont start straight away its not that cold yet and it has been doing it for few days about a year ago I had a new starter motor fitted as ther was a problem with it grinding when I started it its only 4 years old hope you can help thanks kate
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 3 years ago.
Hi there, does it still grind when you try to start it? Or was that before the starter was replaced?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Was ok no grinding after new one fitted

Expert:  Jake replied 3 years ago.
Does the engine crank just fine when it's hard to start? or does it seem like the cranking is slow and weak?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It stutters so I leave it for abit then its ok its like its not conecting to any thing its hard to describe it won't turn over

Expert:  Jake replied 3 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** that it won't crank an then all the sudden cranks fine is a good indication of a weak battery or more commonly a loose or corroded battery terminal, should be an easy repair.
If the engine were to crank for long periods and not start then we would be more concerned with possible cam sensor issues, but that doesn't seem to be an issue here from your explanation.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your help

Expert:  Jake replied 3 years ago.
Your welcome