Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I have a 2004 micra Tekna A garage have told me they fitted

Customer Question

I have a 2004 micra Tekna A garage have told me they fitted part 48700AX60J Lock set.  They said although it has a new barrel it doesn't need a new key either blade or chip part.  Is it correct that this part does not come with any type of replacment key.

The initial problem was the key knob was jammed including the press button.  Button is now working sporadicly and steering lock won't go on.  will garage charge me extra to fix this new problem or should they fix it.

Category: Nissan
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can return your good faith deposit to the original funding source.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
.Hello and Welcome..

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise you -

For me to be able to answer you accurately - I need the VIN of the car... please let me have that -

Also - what type of garage did the work for you - ie, Nissan or local type garage ...?

Kind Rgds, MIKE.................................