Mike
Mike, UK Nissan Car Mechanic
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Cigarette lighter not working and I need it for my satnav.

Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is ***** ***** IM happy to help - but I need to know which model Nissan you have to be able to help properly...

If you can give me its FULL reg number - that will help ...

Plus - please tell me what you have done / tried so far -

Rgds, MIKE.........................................
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Reg : DA05YWP
I have tried to clean it but it's still not working.
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again -

Thank you for your reply / info -

Often the fuse for the cig lighter blows -usually because of a faulty adaptor of a device when plugged in - or a fault in the cig lighter unit itself -

So the first thing to do is check the fuse - that on this car is fuse no. 22 - and this is in the fascia fuse box... It should be a blue 15 amp - though it could have been changed for a different amperage / colour so be aware of that --

If the fuse is seen to be blown replace it - and re try the cig unit. If on plug in it blows again - replace the fuse and try a different device... to see if its a faulty device adaptor.. If its ok then, then you know it is.. if not - the cig lighter / wiring needs to be checked to find the fault.

The fascia fuse box is down under the dash on the drivers side - it has about 30 fuses in it and they are numbered if you look very close..

Im very pleased to have helped you - Do let me know if you need anything more --

*** Meanwhile - - >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.