Mike
Mike, UK Nissan Car Mechanic
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

2004 d22 pick up . when in 3rd or 4th starts to stutter and

Customer Question

2004 d22 pick up . when in 3rd or 4th starts to stutter and has a reduction in power.
If you then apply slight pressure to gear stick its off like a stabbed rat again .
also if you drive with foot on throttle and then using your left foot lightly touch brake pedal
power almost disappears .
Diagnostic reveals brake switch. Any ideals .
Geoff .
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help -

Certainly a faulty brake switch will cause all of this... the brake switch not only works the brake lights - but it has a dual function... when pressed , the brake switch signals the main engine ecu / computer - to tell the ecu that the brake is pressed - and the computer then fuels the car accordingly - and adjusts the ignition. A faulty switch will cause erratic / faulty signals and cause then your problems... A new switch should then be tried as this looks to be your fault from what you have said.

Im very pleased to have helped you - Do let me know if you need anything more --

*** Meanwhile - - >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.