Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

Just picked my mothers Nissan micra and the two levers to fold

Customer Question

Just picked my mothers Nissan micra and the two levers to fold the two fro t seats down are really flimsy or broken. The car is 12 years old but has only done 5,000. Have you had problems with these levers ?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 2 years ago.
Jake :

seeing as this is an 02 micra, this should have the plastic levers that are actually a lever attached to a metal lever underneath

Jake :

meaning it may just be the plastic lever cover that's loose

Jake :

if that's the case, you can just replace the plastic lever cover extension

Jake :

and that should help

Jake :

let me know what other questions you have.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Tried all of the above. The plastic lever cover is not loose, the whole arm is just really floppy. I've tried a number of things on both doors but without success.
Expert:  Jake replied 2 years ago.
hmm, that's unfortunate as the recline mechanisms themselves are not purchasable separately anyways they come with the seat frame assembly.
You could remove the seat and flip it over to inspect the recline mechanism, but there's not much you could do with it as it's all pressed and not really serviceable. If the previous owners were large or slept in the car a lot they may have just worn the seats out.