indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician
29331485

X-Trail 2.5 petrol, 05 Reg, 66k.Lack of compression, cylinder

Customer Question

X-Trail 2.5 petrol, 05 Reg, 66k.Lack of compression, cylinder 1 =110,2 =65,3 =45, 4 =30 This vehicle has been converted to LPG 30k ago.It is slow to start requiring a lot of turning over and will cut out at junctions when cold and is difficult to restart. I have changed airflow mass sensor, crank & cam sensors, coil packs. Any ideas, many thanks Nigel.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi Nigel .

Your compression is way to low . this engine should be at least 175 for it to run good on LPG , this is why it is stalling when the revs get low , you will need to replace the piston rings.which means overhauling the engine completely or replacing with a known good used engine .

Please get back to me with the reply button and not the poor or bad service so i can get back to you with further assistance with this issue

Rgds Greg