Mike
Mike, UK Nissan Car Mechanic
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

As dog owners we use the "turn the key in the ignition 3 times"

As dog owners we use the "turn the key in the ignition 3 times" before locking the car with the blip in order to ensure the interior motion sensor is disabled when the dogs are left in the car. Over-enthusiastic use the other day, possibly more than 3 turns of the key, seems to have rendered the blip unusable and 8 can lock the car only with the key in the door lock, albeit still central locking. Can I recover the blip function.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I would still like an answer please.

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise..

Can I just ask what you have done / tried so far , if anything ?

Kind Rgds, MIKE.....................................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have no idea what to try! I have two key/blips and have tried both:neither work so I don't think it's a battery problem.

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again -

Thank you for your reply..

There is always the possibility of battery failure / gone too low on power in both fobs - they are meant to be changed every 12 months though rarely does that get done.. In view of that , I would suggest to change the bat in at least one - then re try it.. ( the fob you know works ok )...

If that doesn't work, then a fault has occurred on the car / side of things and will need resetting - this can sometime be done by disconnection of the car battery for one hour - then re connect and that re boots the system... If you have to try that as above and that doesn't work, then Im afraid it has to be reset using plug ion equipment at a Nissan dealer. That will determine too if it is indeed just a reset needed or if a fault has occurred in the system that requires further attention...so thats the way to work through to its conclusion on this one..

Im very pleased to have helped you - Do let me know if you need anything more --

*** Meanwhile - - >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.
Mike, UK Nissan Car Mechanic
Experience: Tech Expert