indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician
29331485

when I start my navara 54 plate it smells of fuel and is

when I start my navara 54 plate it smells of fuel and is under power and also smokes a lot, also the starter motor works intermidiatley

Category: Nissan
Expert:  indy-tech replied 3 years ago.

What colour is the smoke coming out the exhaust .

Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

greyish, it stinks of fuel when you first start it and it needs priming a bit too

Expert:  indy-tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi Jeremy .

Grey is unburnt fuel comming out the exhaust. this could be due to bad fuel injectors , bad timing ,fuel pump out of time.

When the engine is warm doese she run good or still very under powered .

Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

runs really lumpy and under powered

Expert:  indy-tech replied 3 years ago.
Jeremy .

This could be a head gasket issue but to be sure a block test should be done , this is where the coolant system is check for exhaust gas in the system .
If this test positive then you have a blown headgasket . when a headgasket blows this does not always mean you have oil in coolant or coolant in your oil .

If test show negitive have the timing checked , injectors, and injection pump tested .

Please get back to me with the reply button and not the poor or bad service so i can get back to you with further assistance with this issue .

Rgds Greg