Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  self employed in the motor repair buisness 19years
13210289

00 almera 1.5 .problem starting lately.i could always hear

Customer Question

00 almera 1.5 .problem starting lately.i could always hear the petrol pump pressureising the system, but now i cant
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

First off you need to check your fuses/certainly the fuse that covers the fuel pump..to ensure that hasnt blown..if it has then you either have an issue with the wiring to the pump or the pump itself is causing the fuse to blow..if it has then replace it then try again and see if the pump works..the next check is the fuel pump relay at behind the kick panel footwell..normally they are blue relays for the fuel pump on these..check for numbers 25230-9F920 on the top of the blue relay and swap or even if you can hold your finger over the top and then turn the ignition to feel the relay click..if it does then the relay should be fine..that leaves if the fuse is still intact the pump itself in the tank has become faulty..so to verfiy that you need to get access to the top of the pump itself pull the connector and test the pump is getting a supply when the ignition is turned..if so then you pretty much asume the pumps in need of replacement.normally this needs to be carried out by a garage since you you'll be working with petrol to withdraw the pump/sender unit and installing..I do hope this helps...

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

can you tell me which of the four wires supply power to the pump at the tank connection

Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..there.. Unfortunatly i can seem to get access to the wiring diags at the moment..

Failing that if you have test light or even volt meter/use the door check strap bar as a good ground..and check the individual wiring pins with the plug off and check each pin in turn each time you cycle the ignition..once you've established the power feed wire and its lights up the test light or the 12v supply is registered on the voltmeter means the pump is reciving a feed..

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

unfortunately it has decided to start again without finding out the fault.found 2 blue relays and the car runs without these in place.also when it started first from cold it cut out a few times.would have expected it to increase the revs for awhile until it got hot.hi ,back again.this time ,when it started it had about 1200 revs,but when it got hot it cut out again and wont start.also there is now no voltage going to the pump