mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Nissan Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

what would cause difficulty in engaging first and second gear

what would cause difficulty in engaging first and second gear in a Nissan Note 2006 when in slow moving traffic
Category: Nissan
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 2 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
What causes this issue is the clutch release bearing is worn and is in need of replacement. The bearing is not expensive but the gear box has to come out to replace this.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Many thanks for your assessment and diagnosis of the problem with my Nissan Note.

No problem. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Mike

Have booked the car in for this coming week for the clutch release bearing to be checked, as the car has only done just over 35,000 genuine miles,( I have the service history ) would you recommend that I have a new clutch fitted at the same time as the garage is recommending that this be done.

Yes I would recommend this because the gear box would already be out and you would save on the labor by doing now.