Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

Hi my 4x4 light keeps flashing between 4 hi and low even though

Customer Question

Hi my 4x4 light keeps flashing between 4 hi and low even though it's in 2wd and I never use 4wd any way I can reset this and turn it off??
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 2 years ago.
So the lights come on while driving or when starting or what?
do the abs lights or any others come on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
While the tuck is on the light is constantly flashing and also the 4wd light flashes but no other lights
Expert:  Jake replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** actually fairly common on these trucks because the factory propshaft cover lets water enter the transfer case and effect the sensors.
The way to fix the problem is to replace the 3 T-case switches, replace the prop shaft dust cover and replace the transfer fluid. After that you should be good to go.
Cost for all parts runs close $200 if your doing the labor yourself. Otherwise you will pay an additional $150 in labor.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok thank you very much il give that a go also will the light just turn itself out?
Expert:  Jake replied 2 years ago.
After the repairs, you should be able to get the light to clear by disconnecting the battery cables and holding them together for 30 seconds and reconnecting.