Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  self employed in the motor repair buisness 19years
13210289

I am trying to remove the wiper arms on my 2010 qashqai in

Customer Question

I am trying to remove the wiper arms on my 2010 qashqai in order to try and re-attach the linkeage as one joint has come apart. I have used a lubricant/penetrator and broke a puller device trying to pull one off but they are still apparantly seized on. Am I doing something wrong? is there a special trick?
obviously I removed the locking nut first
please can you help?
David
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

Normally you need to soak the the splines as much as possible and leave for a few hours..you do this with the lock nut off so the fluid can work its way into the splines - a proper puller should actually gets these off no problem..if you access to balljoint seperators these can work too if you have one small enough to fit."google search this type (http://www.lasertools.co.uk/item.aspx?item=536)"..sometimes its best to leave the lock nut on just one one or two threads onto the spline..fit the puller over and get it upto as much upward pressure as it will go to pull the arm off..then with blunt bar or wide head screwdriver give the side of the wiper where its attached to the spline a good few shocks with a hammer.that shock and the upward pressure "should" get it to release or pop....I do hope this helps..If you require to ask anything further then please do so before you rate