indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician
29331485

Hi my 07 Nissan almera engine light has come today and is on

Customer Question

Hi my 07 Nissan almera engine light has come today and is on constant not flashing . Any idea on this
Category: Nissan
Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.

Your check engine light will come on whenever the management system encounters a malfunction with in the system . this could be anything from a O2 sensor to a engine temp
sensor ,
For you to know what has malfunctioned you will need to be hooked up with a scan tool or code reader.
Ones you have the codes you will know what has malfunctioned and what has to be repaired or replaced..

In your case with the check engine light not flashing means you can still drive the car until you have time to get to your local dealer or garage for a diagnostic scan .

If the light is flashing then you need to get this sorted out ASAP so you don't cause
any catalytic converter damaged which is an expensive item .

Please get back to me with the reply button and not the poor or bad service so i can get back to you with further assistance with this issue .

Rgds Greg