Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I have a 2008 Nissan Pathfinder that won't accelerate when

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Nissan Pathfinder that won't accelerate when engine cold or accelerates very slowly when engine warm (i.e. moving off in 1st gear) - despite fact that engine sounds as though running normally & rev counter going through the roof. I need to get this fixed as getting dangerous but to date no-one seems to know what is wrong with it. Can you help please?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 2 years ago.
Jake : Hi there
Jake : are you saying the rev counter is actually showing high RPM's
Jake : but the engine speed is not Actually at that high revs?
JACUSTOMER-xdb37w7n- :

No - Rev counter is high showing high RPMs because I am trying to get the car to move - the engine speed is high reflecting Rev counter but tyres don't move

Jake : Gotcha, is this an auto gearbox or manual?
JACUSTOMER-xdb37w7n- :

manual

Jake : Thanks, ***** ***** the case Sounds like your issue is with the clutch especially considering you have no issues building revs
Expert:  Jake replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.