Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

My nissan navara keeps cutting out while i drive and picks

Customer Question

My nissan navara keeps cutting out while i drive and picks itself again or i have to restart and it goes again. It does it a lot in winter. I have recently replaced the crank shaft sensor which improved the situation but it hasnt gone away
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 2 years ago.
Jake : Her there, do you have any fault codes?
Jake : Mi have seen quite a few issues on this year model with the SCV on HP pump.
Jake : It will cause the vehicle to stall and then takes awhile to start
Jake : but if you remove the gas cap and relieve tank pressure it will fire back up
Jake : only to eventually stall again
Jake : let me k ow
JACUSTOMER-dk5oyzxe- :

What does scv mean? The vehicle starts straight away after the power fades.

JACUSTOMER-dk5oyzxe- :

I dont get any fault codes. I took it to the garage and they couldnt find any.

JACUSTOMER-dk5oyzxe- :

The answer provided lacks detail to rectify the fault

Jake : I asked a question looking for some correspondence
Jake : yet you haven't answered me
JACUSTOMER-dk5oyzxe- :

I have replied stating that i dont have any fault codes. Took my navara to the garage but could get codes. The power fades but fires back up again on restart

JACUSTOMER-dk5oyzxe- :

I have sent a reply

Jake : So does the engine actually stall? Or just loses power until you restart it? Then operates normally again?
JACUSTOMER-dk5oyzxe- :

The engine doesnt stall it just goes flat and doesnt rev up. After a few seconds it picks up again or needs to be switched off then on again. It seems to do that a lot in cold weather.

JACUSTOMER-dk5oyzxe- :

I will give you a good rating if you could reply to my questions

Jake : Sorry for delay busy weekend.
Jake : I'll be honest here, with no fault codes it really sounds like the SCV I mentioned originally.
Jake : Think of it like electronically controlled fuel volume regulator
Jake : that's calibrated to allow a certain volume of fuel to flow through the pump
Jake : it has to be calibrated when installed so that it runs properly, but when they start to fail they intermittently will cause poor running issue and low volume which results in a loss of power and the inability rev the engine properly.
Jake : Its also one of the only things that seems to temporarily correct itself, even for a short period when switchin the ignition off
Jake : because the valve then resets to the startimg position for proper fuel volume and pressure