indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician
29331485

MY 2005 PRIMERA 2.0L CVT HAS DEVEOPED A FAULT WITH THE SHIFT

MY 2005 PRIMERA 2.0L CVT HAS DEVEOPED A FAULT WITH THE SHIFT LOCK RELEASE.
WHEN STARTING, THE GEAR SHIFT MECHANISM OPERATES OK ONLY IF THE SHIFT LOCK RELEASE BUTTON IS PRESSED. THE AUTOMATIC SYSTEM DRIVING THE CAR IS FINE, ITS JUST GETTING THE CAR INTO GEAR WITHOUT USING THE RELEASE BUTTON THAT IS THE PROBLEM. yOUR ASSISTANCE WOULD BE APPECIATED.
PETER KELSEY
Category: Nissan
Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi Peter .

Even though the brake light is working the brake light switch could still be the problem .

Seen this to many times .

But if the brake switch works then the release solenoid by the shifter is not getting power from the switch due to bad wiring or connection issue ,if the wire does have power then replace the shift solenoid .

If you need further assistance with this issue then please let me know by getting back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.

Kind regards Greg