Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I have a 1997 terrano, the right hand side dash illumination

Customer Question

I have a 1997 terrano, the right hand side dash illumination will not work, have checked bulbs and even changed the whole dash but still will not work, somebody said this is a sign that the rear lights are faulty but they seem to work as well, help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Category: Nissan
Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi .

Did i understand that you replaced the dash cluster, and still only one side is working .

Greg.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes thats right, cheers steve

Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Steve, and the cluster itself will only light up on one side.

Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes the lights only work on the left side of the cluster

Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi Steve .

If the complete cluster lights where not working along with the rest of the dash lights then yes light switch issue if tail lights where out .but this is not your problem.

You will have to remove the dash cluster again and check the connecntion on the back side check all pins have contact , the printed circuit on the back is known to fail and cause the lights to fail on one side if this cluster is a used part have the printed circuit checked there has to be a break in one of the circuit lines if the connections on the back have full contact.

Check this then please get back to me .

PS , Did you notice any gauge issue and lights flashing on and off.