Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

Hi my nissan navara keeps losing power when i am stop at traffic

Hi my nissan navara keeps losing power when i am stop at traffic lights some times it just revers up its self i put a new fuel filter on and done a ecu on it. it was great for two or three days now back to the same stuff again maybe you could help me its a pain in the -- Cheers Pat
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 2 years ago.
Jake : Hi there thanks for the question.
Jake : Are you noticing any erratic idling or surging? Or is it just a power loss when you try to accelerate?
Jake : do you get any smoke at all when this happens?
Expert:  Jake replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yea i would be stoped at lights or where ever and it might go down to 500 or cut out or it might go up to 1000 and then when i try to take off might be no power there at all as i said i put a new fuel filter on and done the test but the engine light did not flash it went great for a few days and now back to the same again.

Regards Pat

Expert:  Jake replied 2 years ago.
But is there smoke at all?
And it only went good AFTER the ECU swap right? Then reverted back?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no smoke, and as i said it went great after ecu and now back to the way it was now maybe i did not do that check wright because it said the engine light was supposed to flash but it did not

Expert:  Jake replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for clarification Pat.
If the service engine light does not stay on then there is no reason to check for codes.
Ideally though when you don't have smoking under acceleration but you get erratic idle surging and loss of power it is because of SCV operation. the SCV can be effected by things other than failure including air in the lines. Generally I would always tell a customer with your symptoms to be sure to bleed the fuel system post filter to make sure there is no air, if the problem persists have a mechanic recalibrate the SCV to see if the problem is rectified. A lot of times when this is the case it will work normally after a calibration only to revert back after a few key cycles, when this happens the SCV will need replaced.
If you do have a device engine light and the code is for line pressure OR SCV then that would be a dead giveaway in this instance.
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience: Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.