Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

58 nissan murano. Key fobs will NOT open or lock the doors.

58 nissan murano. Key fobs will NOT open or lock the doors. Both are transmitting and have new batteries.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 2 years ago.
Jake :

Hi there, thanks for the question

Jake :

have you tried reprogramming the remotes to make sure they didn't lose their programming?

Jake :

let me know please.

Jake :

thanks

Expert:  Jake replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How do you reprogramme the remotes?

Expert:  Jake replied 2 years ago.

If you DO NOT have the intelligent key that the FOB can be programmed as follows.

Note: In step two, the number of times you have to insert and remove your key in the ignition switch varies! Mine required 12 insert/remove cycles before I got the light flash.

1. Close and lock all doors with the driver’s side power lock/unlock switch.

2. Insert key into ignition and remove it from the ignition key cylinder at least six times (or more) within 10 seconds. Your Hazard Lamps will flash if you have performed this step successfully.

NOTE: Withdraw the key completely from ignition cylinder each time. If this procedure is performed too fast, system will not enter programming mode.

3. Insert key into the ignition cylinder and turn to the ACC position.

4. Within 5 seconds, push ANY button on the remote transmitter. Your Hazard Lamps should flash.

NOTE: Do not press the button more than one time in this step. If the button is pressed more than one time, the programming procedure will not be successful.

5. If there are any remaining transmitters (including existing ones), unlock then lock all doors using the driver’s side power lock/unlock switch and within 5 seconds, push ANY button on the next remote.

Your Hazard Lamps should flash.

Repeat this step for each transmitter (including all existing transmitters).

6. Turn the key to the OFF position, remove keys from the ignition, unlock doors using the driver’s side power lock/unlock switch and open the driver side door.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Your last instructions were followed to the letter, but did not work. Have you any more input?

Expert:  Jake replied 2 years ago.
If you DO NOT have the intelligent key, this programs the remotes.if programming the remotes does not work, and changing the batteries does not work, then you need to use a remote checker to verify the remotes are working.if they are then your problem is not with the remotes, but the BCM.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The problem has now been resolved, thank-you.

Expert:  Jake replied 2 years ago.
YOUR WELCOME.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Rating already given. Thank you for your assistance.