Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

Hi I have an 08 navara 6 speed done 60,000 miles when I reach

Hi I have an 08 navara 6 speed done 60,000 miles when I reach 35 mph a drumming type of noise starts and gets louder until I reach 62 mph when it stops .I thought it was tyre noise but its getting louder , it makes no difference if I put it in neutral or push the clutch in the noise is still there could you please help!
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 2 years ago.
Jake :

Sounds like you have a bad U-joint

Jake :

have you checked them for play?

Jake :

let me know please

Expert:  Jake replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have not had it checked yet as my mot is due in jan how sure are you, .can you think of anything else it could be before I involve the garage

thanks

Expert:  Jake replied 2 years ago.
You could have a radial imperfection in the tire or an exhaust leak as well.
Your symptoms sound like a bad rear or front driveshaft U-joint though to be honest. That's the first thing I would inspect if I were you.