indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician
29331485

why does my nissan maxima qx sel stall at juctions and revs

Customer Question

why does my nissan maxima qx sel stall at juctions and revs drop and stall
Category: Nissan
Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.
.

Quite a few things could cause this but the most common is the throttle body and idle control system being gunked up with carbon build up .

Remove the throttle body and clean out well with throttle body cleaner spray
check the oparation of the idle control IACV

graphic
Check codes , if the check engine light is ON when the engine is running . as you may have other issue ,if you do then Please get back to me with the reply button and not the poor or bad service rating , so i can get back to you with further assistance with this issue or offer assistance with another expert .

Rgds Greg.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

iacv has been cleaned and the part is now obsolete i have problems when i have been 3 or 5 miles and revs cut out when reversing

Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.
. stewart.

Do you have any malfunction codes, is the check engine light ON when the engine is running ,

Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no warning or code orange light comes on few seconds but before it used to flash few seconds before starting ignighton

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

orange light comes on but does not flash like it use to

Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.
Okay Stewart, you need to get hooked up to see what malfunction codes you have, as when the fuel injection management system has a fault like yours it will store a malfunction code and trip on the check engine light solid , if it flashes then this means you have a misfire problem and will store a misfire code like a P0300 .

you are sure to have other codes so you need to find what these are ,then get back to me with the codes .

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

going to take it to Nissan dealer an explain it to him and let him drive it cos it has had 2 diagnostic checks all they said is that is intermitant

Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.
Stewart .

If the problem is intermittant and the check engine light comes ON then there should be a stored code to work from .

Let me know what happens .

Rgds Greg