Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  self employed in the motor repair buisness 19years
13210289

, I have a 2008 Nissan Qashqai , the rear windscreen wash

Customer Question

, I have a 2008 Nissan Qashqai , the rear windscreen wash is not putting any water from the nozzle onto the glass.
I have checked that the nozzle is free of any dirty, the windscreen wiper arm is moving okay.
Is there anything else I can check ?
Many Thanks
Neil
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

..

Hopefully i can help..

You can try disconnecting the washer tube to from the nozzle and blow it back or from the washer pump and suck on the tube to see if it clear..you dont want to blow from the washer pump up or any blockage might get stuck at the nozzle end if not disconnected..so you could try that..also trace the line from the boot lid back and look small check valve..like a small plastic barrel inline with the washer tube and check that hasnt blocked..if you cant blow thorugh it then it most likely that..some of these cars had them some didnt so its going to have to be a case of tracing your washer turb back till you find that little check valve normally it quite near to the back so you shouldnt need to trace that far to find it..the next check is obviously the washer pump..you need to remove the drivers wheel, then remove the inner arch lining to get access to the base of the washer bottle..to check the pump and the small pick up screen that often gets blocked and restricts flow..so another to check..once done put the pump back in fill the tank up with water..make sure the tube is still disconnected purposes..and then operate the pump as you would to spray the back window..if its weak in regards ***** ***** water put then the pumps at fault and requires replacement...so as above a few other things to check out..I do hope this helps