Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  self employed in the motor repair buisness 19years
13210289

I have a 2004 Nissan navara I started the engine the other

I have a 2004 Nissan navara I started the engine the other morning forgetting the front wipers had been left on ,there was a loud bang as they where frozen to the windscreen ,the motor still seems to be working and the wipers both move in unison by hand I don't know what damage has been caused thanks
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

..

Hopefully i can help..

If the wiper motors still running ok but the wipers arent responding - then the linkage/wiper linkage the motor operates is at fault..or one of the arms has popped off..you really need to get to access to the wiper linkage/motor assembly to be certain of whats gone wrong..you might be able to pop back on which ever arms has come off but normally it replacement of the complete linkage is required if unrepairable...to get acess you need to remove the wiper arms from the spindles that come throw the plastic panel under the windscreen..then remove that weather strip then that complete plastic panel and under the you should get acess to the linkage.if a new one is to be fitted..then ensure the motor on its own is in "park position" before setting the linkage/wipers arms back..but as above that about the best way forward checking this and see whats needing done to rectify this..I do hope this helps