Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

The remote key fob on my 05 Micra is taking up to 20 odd presses

The remote key fob on my 05 Micra is taking up to 20 odd presses (five minutes) to work and unlock the car. The spare fob is the same so presumably the problem is within the car - is there a contact or sensor that may have got dirty?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 2 years ago.
Jake :

Hi there, there are actually multiple antennae pick ups around the car.

Jake :

by each boor and the trunk

Jake :

they rarely fail either, although they do on occasion.

Jake :

anytime someone has an issue such as yours, I would first tell them to replace the batteries in there remotes since you can get a set of 2 batters for under $5

Jake :

then I would tell them to remove there FOB off there keys in case they have a speed pass or something similar interfering with the RFID signal

Jake :

let me know how you make out with this please.

Jake :

thanks

Expert:  Jake replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.