Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  self employed in the motor repair buisness 19years
13210289

Qashqai 360DEC 1461 CC DIESEL TYPE J10 C/C06 CO2 EMISSONS

Customer Question

Qashqai 360DEC
1461 CC DIESEL
TYPE J10
C/C06
CO2 EMISSONS 129G/KM
FIRST REG DECEMBER 2013
Good aftenoon
I have just purchsed the above car and am no concerned that there may be issues reagarding the diesel engine as where I live the max speed limit is 35mph.
Are there problems with this?
Ali
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

What sort of mileage do you do otherwise annually - other than the speed restrictions in the area?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Mileage is not high maybe 8000
Journeys fairly short as small island but have had diesel cars before and never heard of thus before.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Milage quite low maybe 8000 per year. Small island so no journey very long. I've never heard of DPF before and I have had diesel cars before without problem. My partner has Nissan diesel vans for his business and again no problems so I hoping this will not be an issue for me
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..there..sorry for the delay..

Yes i recall all 1.5 dCi, 1.6 dCi & 2.0 dCi engines having DPF's .."diesel particulate filter" in fact pretty much all diesels now have them fitted - it generally captures soot and as such under the cars own self regeneration process which the ecu does this in turn during normal driving conditions or ideally more so on motorways burns the soot off..if the regeneration process isnt completed then it will fail to regenerate and as such the filter will become restricted and block up.or you may run the risk of the oil in the sump rising due to dilution/as fuel trim is increased to help regenerate the dpf...

I wasnt aware it was an island you lived on..to be honest 8000miles anually..its not generally ideal for a diesel/dpf system..but i shouldnt see it causing any issues..id say as long as you keep to using the correct spec oil,low ash...it should be fine.some garages might with the proper diagnostic equipment can force regenerate if problems do arise with the filter...I do hope this helps...