Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I have a fault with a Nissan Micra 1.0 Tempest M Reg 2002.The

Customer Question

I have a fault with a Nissan Micra 1.0 Tempest M Reg 2002.
The indicators started to work intermittently then stopped altogether. The hazard warning flashes also stopped working.
I have had the hazard switch, flasher unit and relays changed still not working. The central locking worked and when activating lock and unlocking the inductors flashed. However would not work via the stalk. Although the vehicle is 2002 it has only done 25,000 miles from new. This problem started a couple of weeks ago. Some months ago the hazard warning switch did stick on however did not affect the indicators until recently.
This has been checked out by a good mechanic and a part form changing the central locking control units or indicator stalk, have not been able to resolve the problem. Can you advise?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Jake replied 2 years ago.
hey there, sorry for the delay in getting to you.
It seems that you have covered most bases here considering the hazard switch, flashers, and relays have been replaced.
Using the central locking also confirms that the hazards do work and that the BCM (central locking control unit) is operating them from the FOB.
It would be nice if you had access to a Nissan Dealer so they could access the BCM for you, then we could see if the BCM is seeing the request from the switch stalk. In that case we would know if the stalk is good or not.
This would prevent you from having to play any guessing game with pricey parts.
I'd love to help further if you have other questions. thanks.