Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

Jake, I've got a 2011 Nissan Navara that keeps going in

Hi Jake, I've got a 2011 Nissan Navara that keeps going in to limp mode. It is a manual transmission. I switch the engine off and then on and it works fine. No fault codes coming up so the garage can't trace the problem. Any ideas? Sam
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello Sam,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not received a suitable answer yet I have paid £16. Please either refund my £16 or provide a suitable answer to the original question.
Thanks *****
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

Sam, I apologize for any delays been a busy week for me and with all the snow/ice i haven't logged in to the site much.

Is this a petrol navarra QR engine?

if so there are a couple of things that can cause them to go into limp mode, really depends on whats happening? are you revs limited? or what?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is not a petrol, I think they are all diesels in the UK. The circumstances when it has happened have been different each time, the only thing in common is that the engine has not had any significant load going through it. The revs have not been high and little in the way of demand has been placed on the engine. It happened four days in a row and not since. In gear it only revs to 2,000 and out of gear it only goes to 3,000. Then if I switch the engine off then on, it is absolutely fine.
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** the case there are a few things that come to mind, but since turning the engine off temporarily rectified the problem. You need to start by replacing the fuel filter and bleed the air out afterwards.

When the filter gets clogged lots of times shutting the engine off allows allows alot of the contaminents to settle in the filter long enough for a restart and operation. Only to cause it to return later when driving.

So start with the fuel filter, if the problem continues we need to explore the other possibilities like the EGR, wastegate, and MAF operation.

thanks

Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience: Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.