mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Nissan Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have a Nissan Pathfinder 2.5dci 2006 215k Miles. I

Customer Question

Hello I have a Nissan Pathfinder 2.5dci 2006 215k Miles. I recently experienced the truck not accelerating at 3000 revs or 80mph it felt like it was limited and would lose power. The garage stated it was the turbo and replaced it. Once the turbo was replaced the truck continued to lack power - it would not accelerate when I wanted to overtake other vehicles. Now it has got even worse. I put a bottle of Wynns DPF Cleaner in the tank today and it has become un driveable, when I drive up hills it losses power dies back and plumes of black smoke come out I change down gears and it still does not pick up. It Kangaroo jumps and splutters. I just took it out on the dual carriageway and it sat at 3000rpm in 4th 60mph for 20 minutes and still no change. I start to pull away and kangaroo jumps, if I just ease back on the accelerator it slowly picks up power and then will gently pick up power but still chugs slightly. It is dangerous as it just wont maintain speed, the slightest hill and it dies..
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 2 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
From what you are describing the issue that you are having is consistent with a failing fuel injector which directly results in the issue that you are having.
What i what suggest as a first step is to have the injectors balance tested which will show the failing one.