Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

My key will not work on the drivers side so I have to unlock

My key will not work on the drivers side so I have to unlock it from the passengers side.
BUT then it locks itself again by itself WhY? . it is driving me crazy. WOULD IT BE EXPENSIVE TO FIX ?? IS THERE ANY SIMPLE WAY AROUND IT
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 2 years ago.
Jake :

Hi there, thanks for the question.

Jake :

this is because you have a faulty key cylinder switch on the drivers side.

Jake :

with it failing in the lock position it causes the central locking control unit to initiate a lock pulse to lock the doors.

Jake :

the only way to fix this will be to replace the driver key switch or if its the key switch portion internal to the latch replace it.

Jake :

let me know if you need anything else.

Jake :

thanks

Expert:  Jake replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.