Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

, I have a nissan micra 04 and the last few days I have been

Customer Question

Hi, I have a nissan micra 04 and the last few days I have been unable to start the car. When i put the key into the ignition and turn it makes a clicking sound, the boot opens, lights on dash board and radio all come on except the car. Do you know what the problem might be? Thanks, Eilis
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello Ellis,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Hello Ellis,
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Hello Ellis,
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can return your good faith deposit to the original funding source.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Expert:  Jake replied 2 years ago.

Hi there, if you recieve a FAST clicking sound when trying to start the engine this is from a weak battery. The battery may have voltage to power acessories, but not sufficient cranking amperage to turn the engine.

let me know how else i can help please.