Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

, I want to buy a Nissan Qashqai Premier Limited edition

Customer Question

Hi, I want to buy a
Nissan Qashqai Premier Limited edition and on test drive it marked "Warning, Chassis control system fault" & "Warning, 4WD system fault"
What does this mean?
Should I buy it or is it risky?
The dealer promised he can get the problems sorted prior to purchase. is this possible?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

2 days ago I asked the questions with moderate urgency!! The website said there were Nissan technicians available. Now you're telling me there aren't technicians capable of answering my questions.

I would like to close the question for a full refund please as I am not satisfied with the service provided!!!

I need to buy the car tomorrow and I can't wait for you you to keep searching for people qualified for the job.

Thank you just the same!!

Expert:  Jake replied 2 years ago.
Hey there, Nissan technician here.

I am generally available to answer just about any Nissan questions when needed but have been out of town for a family wedding for a week.

If you still want help let me know, if not I can send to customer service for a refund.

If you have a 4wd system fault and NO DRIVEABILITY issues, then it could be something as simple as a steering angle calibration that's been lost from a weak battery or a sensor fault on the transfer case. Ideally just mentioning it has a fault is pretty broad in nature we need the actual fault codes to proceed accurately.

The vehicle is pretty new, so if purchasing from a dealer within the mileage limitations then they should be able to correct any problems easily before the transaction. My main concern here is why the vehicle was not inspected prior to putting on the lot for customers, all vehicles dealer sold are supposed to be up to service and inspected prior to being available for sale.

any chance you can get me the codes please?