indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician
29331485

my Nissan xtrail 2005 blower motor is not working I have checked

Customer Question

my Nissan xtrail 2005 blower motor is not working I have checked fuses and replaced the thermal fuse in the resister, when I disconnect the lead on the blower switch on and use power tester it shows no power,so what is the likely cause
Category: Nissan
Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.

Behind the drivers side fascia under the dash nesr your nees you will find a relay box with three relays, one is the blower motor relay .

Replace and try the blower motor, if this is okay then suspect the blower motor switch .

Next to the relays are the fuses ,think there are 3 fuses for the A/C system ...

Please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.

Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund, if you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know.

Kind regards Greg.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I was pleased with your response but non of your suggestions were at fault .in the meantime I had my local garage check it out and found it was the fan control resister unit at fault

barrie

Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi Barrie .

I misread your question with what you had done ,i thought you had replaced the resister
but was the "Thermal fuse for the resister" as you wrote . this threw me off sorry .

But in most cases when the resuster fail you will still have top speed on the fan (In most cases)

Thank you barrie hope you have a great week and happy motoring Barrie ..

Rgds Greg