Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

Any assistance welcome - I have a 1.6 Nissan Juke which

Customer Question

Any assistance welcome - I have a 1.6 Nissan Juke which started with the ESP / VDC intermittently coming on and now on all the time. Occasionally during driving the handbrake light would also come on briefly but then go off. I have had new pads fitted and it is still on all the time. Anyone had this before and if so what was the cure. The car drives okay without any problems or noises just the ESP/VDC light on.

Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 2 years ago.
Hey there, this is simply an indication that there is an intermittent issue somewhere in the stability control monitoring so it temporarily disables the system and the lights illuminate. ' This can be as simple as rust interfering with a wheel speed sensor which imitates a slip condition. If you cannot pull any faults from the ABS module it is best to monitor wheel speeds while driving and look for any indication of a faulty pick up, if all is well then you can clean the rust away from all the sensors to see if the issue is resolved.