Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

1999 Nissan Primera SE. Is the mechanism the same

1999 Nissan Primera SE. Is the mechanism the same for nearside electric windops front and back?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Shantal,

Sorry, can't let you off the hook that easily.

I would still very much like an answer.

As a matter of interest I was searching Google for an answer and your site popped up looking like a site that was dedicated to answering questions about Nissan cars - it is probably designed that way.

It was much later that I found out that you attempt to answer questions on the whole of human knowledge

If you can find me an answer I shall be delighted.

David

Hello David,
Thank you for getting back to me and apologies that you have not received an answer yet. We have a range of Professionals online all the time. However specialties differ, and we are searching for the right professional to assist you.
Should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Shantal,

Strange, I had an email a few days ago saying you had given up and offering me a 25% discount on my next question.

Still I am happy to leave it open for now.

I find it quite difficult to believe that any of the "on-line Nissan Mechanics" which keep being mentioned in correspondence are unable to answer this simple question.

Cheers

David

Expert:  Jake replied 2 years ago.

David i appoloize for the delay.

when yo uask if the mechanism is the same for front and rear windows what are you referring to as the "mechanism" ?

The front and rear windows have the same power source and can both be controlled by the master switch and their own switches respectively. The use SEPERATE motos and seperate regualtors mounted in the doors though.

Let me know exactly how i can help.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Jake,

No problem with delay, good to hear from you.

Best way to explain is to tell you why.

Front nearside electric window is knackered, the pulley system is shot so I have jammed it up. Car itself not worth spending money on.

As there are rarely more than 2 people, what I want to do is, pinch the pulley system from the rear nearside and jam that one up instead then use the rear pulley to mend the front

Will it work?

Cheers

David

Expert:  Jake replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for clarifying David.
Unfortunately the front and rear are different part numbers, likely because the windows are sized differently and therefore the mounting points for the regulator and window seats won't match up.
Your best bet would be to just look for a cheap used regulator on eBay orbs parts yard.
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience: Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.